Plastic surgery is one of the medical treatments that fulfills the purpose of altering or reshaping of the body. The cosmetic surgeries are the most popularly known type of plastic surgeries in the world. These surgeries not only focus on enhancing the looks of the body parts but also in the repairing of damage to the body. People all around the world both male and female have plastic surgeries each year. Although, with several benefits, plastic surgery also has some adverse effects.
- Plastic surgeries are a great method to give your body an enhanced look. The surgery has many effects on the body including tightening up of loose skin, clearing out the wrinkles on the face, and even in the most advanced stages can even replace your face and give it a completely new look.
- Often people suffer from low confidence issues because they do not have an appealing appearance. With plastic surgery, people give a more pleasing look to their body and can walk with enhanced confidence level around the world.
- Increased confidence levels and better looks promote better relations with their partners. Often people do feel that their partners judge them because they do not have a better appearance and feel low. These surgeries can boost their confidence and help them regain healthy relationships.
- Plastic surgeries are great for several medical reasons and provide solutions for many health issues. An example of it is to get a lift in the forehead that reduces a headache.
- Plastic surgeries are one of the most expensive medical treatments that one can have. In several cases, even the medical insurances are not able to cover the expenditure and hence, it leads to spending up of lots of money.
- Similar to other types of treatments, plastic surgeries also can lead to lots of complications. Infections, tissue damage, and scaring are the few issues that arise in the body after the plastic surgery.
- It may happen that people do not get the results that they were expecting from the surgery. In such case, the money, time, and the efforts all go in vain. Moreover, they have to make more expenses in order to retain the previous look.
- Plastic surgeries can leave long-lasting adverse effects on the body. Scars and numbness are the most common effects seen in the body.
- There are chances that your body might reject the treatment and you have to go through a whole another treatment to make the remedies.
Types of plastic surgery procedures
Plastic surgeries can be both cosmetic and reconstructive. Both have different effects on the body and have a different procedure. The most common types of cosmetic surgeries include
- Laser treatments, injection of fillers, and Botox use for rejuvenation of the face
- Facelift surgery to give an enhanced look to the face
- Liposuction is another form that focuses on the surgery of lips.
- Breast surgery and Rhinoplasty
Whereas the most commonly performed reconstructive surgeries are,
- Craniofacial surgery deals to remove deformities of various parts of the body including head, face, and neck.
- Palate surgery is another form of reconstructive surgery that fills the holes in the mouth.
- Reconstructive surgeries prove to be highly effective in the reconstruction of the damaged tissues of the body.
- Several damaged and broken limbs are also fixable through reconstructive surgeries.
- Reconstructive surgeries also prove effective in the reconstruction of patients who have undergone tumor removal treatment.
Although there are many good and bad effects of the plastic surgery, the decision of having one lies solely with you. However, before going through a plastic surgery and investing in them heavily one must consider all the positive and negative aspects of the surgery and the fact that how well their body can accept the effects of the treatment.